Proposal for 2021 Season | Fanatics Draft | Forum

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Register? | Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Proposal for 2021 Season

No Tags
UserPost

11:03 am
February 18, 2020

ShanePHallam

posts 445

I'm going to make a recommendation for next year. I appreciate all the efforts of Mike Aguirre and feel bad that he gets caught in the middle of these things, but really it is who votes against expanding the draft/rosters that gets me. I recognize the "cut down" we did last year DOES NOT work due to loading of rosters and pressure on the commish.
Proposal for the 2021 season:
  1. Increase the draft to 25 rounds. Keep the added flex.
  2. AFTER Week 1, each team must cut down to 22 (By Wednesday night, 9:00 PM EST). Each team will do this themselves and the commish will simply change max roster spots to 22.
  3. If teams do not cut down, they will receive a 0 score for any players who play while having over 22 players.
I believe this achieves both sides issues. First, this league is about the draft. It is the earliest draft to start on the internet (and if we were lightning fast, the first to finish). A larger/longer draft makes sense, especially with increase starting spots now. The 22 number seems fair, but can be debated if we want.
Second, I think the group that wants less roster spots would be down for the cut down, but the pressure, time, and delay of how we did it in 2019 doesn't work. Doing it after Week 1 allows for people to not get caught in a kicker or TE hole for Week 1, but also ensures the commish won't have to do the cuts. Each team has to do it and all Mike would have to do is change the roster size. Easy for everyone.
The penalty hopefully wouldn't be used, but I did want some consequence if someone does not follow the directions.
Once again this is for 2021, not this year, but it is a conversation we can have now and vote on next offseason. Thanks for reading my novel.
TL;DR: Let's increase the draft and roster spots but still cut down without giving Mike extra work.

5:05 am
February 22, 2020

DGB

Straight up G
Straight up G

posts 1708

I think that I could get behind something like this. Good thoughts, Shane.

Hail, hail…

12:58 pm
January 7, 2021

apernesky

SMELLYALATER

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 551

at this pace we will be start your entire roster.  I am not a fan of adding another FLEX spot.  I would be vote to remove a FLEX.  I am fine with longer draft if you keep roster spot. 

When are we drawing for draft?

Thanks for the math help

No Tags

About the Phoenix Fantasy Sports Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 90

Currently Online:
2 Guests

Currently Browsing this Topic:
1 Guest

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3
Forums: 7
Topics: 378

Membership:

There are 92095 Members
There have been 2 Guests

There is 1 Admin
There are 3 Moderators

Top Posters:

drmemory – 2908
DGB – 1708
apernesky – 551
bpwallace49 – 518
CB – 517
wikkidpissah – 341

Recent New Members: zlavin, Encore_Fantasy_Games, raider_pirate, JasminNorthern, fayemcook2015, jskowronek

Administrators: GuitaristX (894 Posts)

Moderators: GBinSB4ever (709 Posts), ShanePHallam (445 Posts), BigHardcore (1 Post)