2013 Fanatics Draft Complete! | Fanatics Draft | Forum

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Register? | Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

2013 Fanatics Draft Complete!
Read original blog post

No Tags
UserPost

3:57 pm
February 23, 2013

GuitaristX

GuitaristX

Admin

posts 894

Post edited 3:58 pm – February 23, 2013 by GuitaristX

Here at Phoenix Fantasy Sports, we have an annual tradition of drafting immediately after the Super Bowl ends. We call it the fanatics draft, because, well, who else but a fanatic would draft so early!?! This is a 12-team 22 round draft, and it is probably one of the funnest drafts for me, personally. Rookies are draftable. We usually try to finish the draft before free agency begins, which could turn late round flier picks in to mid round draft picks if the player lands in a good situation. Since it is such a deep league, I believe it's imperative for teams to have at least 2 if not 3 QBs, and at least 2 serviceable defenses. Kickers don't matter in this league, and they shouldn't anywhere else.

We keep the owners on the list anonymous to welcome any open critiques. We love to get feedback and analysis on how our teams look. If you'd like to make a comment or critique, please create an account if you haven't done so already, and click on the link to the forum!

Read original blog post

4:23 pm
February 23, 2013

ShanePHallam

posts 445

Link to the graph Apern made:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqR8zyLV1mXidFZsa0lwc3FtM3BPMU0zYXNRMFY3Nmc#gid=0

I'll post some twitter feedback I get:

@ChrisMillerAU: Team B is really good. too good. I like team L as well. strong thanks to schedule

@DirtyBirdzR: Like team H at first look..

@BrianDezelskeBB: Team F is going to struggle… nothing at the RB position.

@SmthingaboutFB: team H. I love that team. RB talent and Wr are there

11:11 pm
February 24, 2013

johnnyBuz

Philly

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 340

Shane are there other sites you post on that could get some feedback? I don't really post anywhere else anymore but I thought there was like GOAS or something? 

7:45 am
February 25, 2013

wikkidpissah

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 341

Post edited 12:55 pm – February 25, 2013 by GuitaristX

i posted it for votes over on the Shark Pool @ FootballGuys

Football Guys Forum Link

(ED. Note: Fixed broken link. ~Gsex) 

7:10 am
February 26, 2013

apernesky

SMELLYALATER

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 551

Thank YOU TOM!! That should make the Welker Signing very easy

Thanks for the math help

7:04 pm
February 28, 2013

DGB

Straight up G
Straight up G

posts 1708

I think Wally hangs out over the huddle. He should be able to get some sniffs over there.

Hail, hail…

3:11 pm
March 3, 2013

bpwallace49

Nonya . . .

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 518

Post edited 1:17 pm – March 4, 2013 by GuitaristX

http://forums.thehuddle.com/in…..try3795553

No love for Jeffys team . . . .Laugh

1:20 pm
March 4, 2013

GuitaristX

GuitaristX

Admin

posts 894

Fixed Wally's link. It works now. 

11:35 am
March 12, 2013

johnnyBuz

Philly

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 340

Team E gets a big boost with Tony Gonzalez coming back. Team looks really good now. 

3:00 pm
March 12, 2013

GuitaristX

GuitaristX

Admin

posts 894

johnnyBuz said:

Team E gets a big boost with Tony Gonzalez coming back. Team looks really good now. 

I agree, but the big ? left is where Jennings will end up. If he ends up in Cleveland, that's a big negative hit to his WR corps. 

9:02 pm
March 13, 2013

DGB

Straight up G
Straight up G

posts 1708

Slight hits to teams B and F with the Welker to Denver deal in place…

Hail, hail…

2:21 pm
March 14, 2013

johnnyBuz

Philly

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 340

DGB said:

Yah I'm not too happy with the moves. Amendola should keep Brady's stats pretty lofty, maybe a little less if he can't stay healthy. I'm a little worried about Welker taking looks from Decker, but if Manning's stats go up the effect of spreading it out should be mitigated. 

Don't forget, I just got Mendenhall to Arizona so I think that gives me a bump 🙂

6:19 pm
March 14, 2013

CB

Michigan

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 517

Post edited 2:20 pm – March 25, 2013 by Camarillo Brillo

Must admit Im Loving the Welker move as a P.Manning owner  🙂   Hate the S.Jackson move ..  there goes my -Djuan Harris- sleeper  !!  ( OOPS Meant to say Jaquizz Rodgers sleeper !  )  Ugh       CB

2024 !  Here we fucking go again ! LOL

2:22 pm
March 17, 2013

DGB

Straight up G
Straight up G

posts 1708

DGB said:

Yah I'm not too happy with the moves. Amendola should keep Brady's stats pretty lofty, maybe a little less if he can't stay healthy. I'm a little worried about Welker taking looks from Decker, but if Manning's stats go up the effect of spreading it out should be mitigated. 

Don't forget, I just got Mendenhall to Arizona so I think that gives me a bump 🙂

I'm hoping that Mendy goes mental again and lets Ryan Williams take the lead… I guy can hope.

Hail, hail…

5:39 pm
May 22, 2013

CB

Michigan

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 517

Ooooo !  The first casualty of the off season hits Team A !   Crabtree torn achillies !     Ugh also hurst my Kaepernick value in my keeper league !!     Ugh    CB 

2024 !  Here we fucking go again ! LOL

12:51 pm
May 30, 2013

johnnyBuz

Philly

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 340

i was gonna take Crabtree on the turn if he wasn't sniped right before me. and the kicker is I have Boldin now to pick up the slack! 

3:50 pm
June 20, 2013

GuitaristX

GuitaristX

Admin

posts 894

johnnyBuz said:

i was gonna take Crabtree on the turn if he wasn't sniped right before me. and the kicker is I have Boldin now to pick up the slack! 

Yes. Team A was already thin at receiver and that certainly didn't help matters much. Torrey Smith and Reggie Wayne should produce decent WR2 numbers to keep this team afloat, but it's certainly a blow for m… Team A. Cool

12:00 pm
August 24, 2013

DGB

Straight up G
Straight up G

posts 1708

I can't wait to see the waiver wire frenzy after week 1. It seems like there will be even more reshuffling than in seasons past.

Hail, hail…

1:01 pm
October 28, 2013

apernesky

SMELLYALATER

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 551

Read through this if you need a good laugh.  I am not sure why we ask people to rate these teams so soon.  Looking at the teams on Sept. 1 would give us good idea of how we projected the future.  & then in December we can see who was lucky.

Thanks for the math help

No Tags

About the Phoenix Fantasy Sports Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 90

Currently Online:
2 Guests

Currently Browsing this Topic:
1 Guest

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3
Forums: 7
Topics: 378

Membership:

There are 91912 Members
There have been 2 Guests

There is 1 Admin
There are 3 Moderators

Top Posters:

drmemory – 2908
DGB – 1708
apernesky – 551
bpwallace49 – 518
CB – 517
wikkidpissah – 341

Recent New Members: zlavin, Encore_Fantasy_Games, raider_pirate, JasminNorthern, fayemcook2015, jskowronek

Administrators: GuitaristX (894 Posts)

Moderators: GBinSB4ever (709 Posts), ShanePHallam (445 Posts), BigHardcore (1 Post)