2013 FANATICS DRAFT, DISCUSSION ONLY | Fanatics Draft | Forum

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Register? | Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

2013 FANATICS DRAFT, DISCUSSION ONLY

No Tags
UserPost

8:53 pm
December 27, 2012

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

for all amazingly inappropriate discussion about the draft including all rosterbating by GBIN.

2011 Fanatics season, proudly sponsored by GuitaristX!!

5:16 pm
December 28, 2012

CB

Michigan

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 517

Well ..    unlike others I am bummed the season has ended !   Thank God that this league exists !  Its a great FF Jones fix !    Can't wait for the Pro B to end !!  Looking forward to my miserable draft attempt !     CB      

2024 !  Here we fucking go again ! LOL

8:09 pm
December 28, 2012

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

couldn't agree MORE CB, the best part of this entire league besides keeping this group of i-buddies together is the insane FF/NFL itch it scratches for that 10-14 days it takes to do it and by then we're only 2 months from the draft 😉

6:34 am
December 30, 2012

apernesky

SMELLYALATER

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 551

Wikki… can you expand on your idea of selecting your draft position.. are you saying the winner gets first pick? 

my thought is this has the same problem that finishing last gets you the first pick

Thanks for the math help

8:32 am
December 30, 2012

wikkidpissah

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 341

apernesky said:

Wikki… can you expand on your idea of selecting your draft position.. are you saying the winner gets first pick? 

my thought is this has the same problem that finishing last gets you the first pick

no, winner gets 1st CHOICE of where they pick for the next season. same deal all the way til last place gets the final leftover spot. draft ur spot the wk b4 the pro bowl.

9:03 pm
December 30, 2012

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

interesting idea for sure, I guess we can vote on that at the start of the season for the following season?

By the way, I do hope there's more actual discussion of each pick as we go, reasons or chatter behind taking who we all take, not a lot of that as much in past years as just random insane banter which is obviously appreciated and needed!

And what this post really means is, I don't want to be the only rosterbating fanatic in here…."rosterbating" by yourself is no fun.

Wait a minute….

10:37 am
December 31, 2012

DGB

Straight up G
Straight up G

posts 1708

Your 5th place champ checking in!!  Like the rest, I can't wait for the draft…  Thanks for the orgainization, Jeff!

Hail, hail…

1:41 pm
January 3, 2013

johnnyBuz

Philly

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 340

My decline since my Championship in 2008 has been slow and painful. Drafting players like Mark Ingram certainly doesn't help. Nor does Michael Bush deciding to sign with Chicago. 

This year will be different! Or so I keep telling myself. 

2:29 pm
January 14, 2013

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

LESS THAN 2 weeks from drafting!!!

get excited everyone…depending on the matchups we could end up getting a full round or so in.

9:20 am
January 15, 2013

wikkidpissah

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 341

GBinSB4ever said:

LESS THAN 2 weeks from drafting!!!

get excited everyone…depending on the matchups we could end up getting a full round or so in.

it all stops when it gets to me if LaMichael James is still on the board!

6:30 am
January 17, 2013

Cuda Joe

Barracuda Sports

NFL Rookie
NFL Rookie

posts 137

Looking forward to the draft….

Here is some info for everyone on the FSWA league that I won this year.

48 teams / 4 leagues of 12

Playoffs start in week 12 and run through week 16 total points scored during that time wins the trophy!

I drafted from the ninth spot which really was a tough spot. Going Demarco Murray in the first round and then Brees in the second. Brees was the reason my team was able to survive a lot of key injuries and still make it to the playoffs. However the money in my draft came in rounds 3,5 & 7 where I drafted Brandon Marshall, Dez Bryant, and Demaryius Thomas in that order. For whatever reason in a PPR league format these players were still being passed over and allowed to, in my opinion, become great value picks. All three were players that I had targeted and ranked much higher. Also one draft move that proved to be very valuable was the addition of Felix Jones in the 8th round to back up my first round Murray pick, he was not great, but a nice play most weeks while Murray sat out.

In season injuries to Murray and Hernandez at TE cost me dearly, but my key moves that helped with those injuries were the addition of Andre Brown when Murray was out and Joel Dressen to help while Hernandez was out.

Coming into the playoffs, someone had given up on Pierre Garcon and his injuries and dropped him. I took a flyer and picked him up to fill a 4th WR slot in my line-up and it paid off big with an 89 point playoff run! Also as the playoffs started Aaron Hernandez was able to return from his injury and without Gronk in the line-up made a big impact with two 25 point weeks.

2011 Fanatics League Champion

2012 FSWA Ind. Insider League Champion

2014 Fanatics League Champion

2022 Fanatics League Champion

6:03 am
January 24, 2013

apernesky

SMELLYALATER

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 551

When will the draft be starting?  Im ready

Thanks for the math help

10:41 am
January 24, 2013

GuitaristX

GuitaristX

Admin

posts 894

Immediately after the probowl is over, I am on the clock. 

8:15 pm
January 27, 2013

apernesky

SMELLYALATER

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 551

good to see AP back on top … what a year… i think he wins MVP & manning gets Comeback player of year

heading to bed n 15mins… be back on in AM

Thanks for the math help

6:13 am
January 28, 2013

Cuda Joe

Barracuda Sports

NFL Rookie
NFL Rookie

posts 137

Lets get this thing going, we only have limited time until next season starts! 😉

6:22 am
January 28, 2013

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

Buz knows he's OTC fyi

7:47 am
January 28, 2013

DGB

Straight up G
Straight up G

posts 1708

apernesky said:

good to see AP back on top … what a year… i think he wins MVP & manning gets Comeback player of year

This is what I hope happens.  The Vikings season would have been worse than the Lions without AP.   

Hail, hail…

8:21 am
January 28, 2013

apernesky

SMELLYALATER

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 551

GBinSB4ever said:

Buz knows he's OTC fyi

Send me an email when i am up.

thanks

P

Thanks for the math help

8:57 am
January 28, 2013

Cuda Joe

Barracuda Sports

NFL Rookie
NFL Rookie

posts 137

Anyone can TX me if I am on the clock. 231-690-7374 – that will be the fastest way to get me while I am out of the office.

9:11 am
January 28, 2013

wikkidpissah

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 341

we might have got thru rd 1 b4 the SB if the Pats had won….

No Tags

About the Phoenix Fantasy Sports Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 90

Currently Online:
5 Guests

Currently Browsing this Topic:
1 Guest

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3
Forums: 7
Topics: 378

Membership:

There are 91913 Members
There have been 2 Guests

There is 1 Admin
There are 3 Moderators

Top Posters:

drmemory – 2908
DGB – 1708
apernesky – 551
bpwallace49 – 518
CB – 517
wikkidpissah – 341

Recent New Members: zlavin, Encore_Fantasy_Games, raider_pirate, JasminNorthern, fayemcook2015, jskowronek

Administrators: GuitaristX (894 Posts)

Moderators: GBinSB4ever (709 Posts), ShanePHallam (445 Posts), BigHardcore (1 Post)