2014 FANATICS DRAFT, DISCUSSION ONLY!! | Fanatics Draft | Forum

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Register? | Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

2014 FANATICS DRAFT, DISCUSSION ONLY!!

No Tags
UserPost

2:25 pm
January 2, 2014

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

Here we go….

2011 Fanatics season, proudly sponsored by GuitaristX!!

6:35 pm
January 2, 2014

ShanePHallam

posts 445

I give Jeff a week before he requests Guitarist to make a pick 😀  Maybe 11th would have worked out better for me last year

9:46 am
January 3, 2014

GuitaristX

GuitaristX

Admin

posts 894

You should have taken the Under on that, Shane. He already asked me! Yell LMAO!!

2:29 pm
January 3, 2014

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

The draft is so far away 🙁

6:57 pm
January 4, 2014

Boneys2000

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 266

The Boney Guy is BAAAAACK! And Yes I am still a loyal Browns fan.

5:35 pm
January 8, 2014

GuitaristX

GuitaristX

Admin

posts 894

Boneys2000 said:

The Boney Guy is BAAAAACK! And Yes I am still a loyal Browns fan.

You have my deepest sympathies. Cool

9:42 am
January 13, 2014

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

if the right 2 teams make it, we would absolutely be able to set a pre-SB record for this draft.

10:21 am
January 15, 2014

ShanePHallam

posts 445

Let's do it!  

10:19 am
January 26, 2014

Boneys2000

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 266

Im ready with my pick baby!!!!!!!Unless I change my mind again.

8:40 pm
January 26, 2014

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

I think most people will prob have Charles over Mccoy next year as #1 consensus, but at the moment I agree with Guitarist taking Shady first overall.

4:48 am
January 27, 2014

Cuda Joe

Barracuda Sports

NFL Rookie
NFL Rookie

posts 137

I have no problem with Shady getting that selection, but based simply on age I think I would have taken Charles.

2011 Fanatics League Champion

2012 FSWA Ind. Insider League Champion

2014 Fanatics League Champion

2022 Fanatics League Champion

6:16 am
January 27, 2014

ShanePHallam

posts 445

Let's do it!  I am always available via text if I am up and not noticing:

6:20 am
January 27, 2014

apernesky

SMELLYALATER

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 551

This Years top two remind me a lot of Fragil Freddy.. .they both have unmatchable potential, but i think they did last year… but peeps back off because of injury… if you had the top pick i dont think you could go another direction lest you be labeled nuts….

Guess we are at a stand still till Sunday night… i thought we would stop early this year… LOT of studs in this game… i hear a few guys on NFL Network kicking up D wins championships but there has not been an O like this sense Tory, Bruce, & Faulk graced our fields… Sea is going to have a tough time covering this many WRs… I think Wilson will light up Denv D to make this a good game… but i see a high scoring a fair… ill go Denv 33 Sea 31

Thanks for the math help

7:32 am
January 27, 2014

Boneys2000

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 266

Yea,I pondered a bit before taking Charles. Im happy to have him. Defintely looking forward to the BIG game.Go Broncoes!!!

12:17 pm
January 27, 2014

Cuda Joe

Barracuda Sports

NFL Rookie
NFL Rookie

posts 137

Matt Forte was a no brainer at this point for me, was surprised to see him still on the board. I simply love his production in the first year with a new offense and his Receiving ability makes him very consistent.

12:32 pm
January 27, 2014

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

agreed Cuda, for me is the ability to easily forget how dinged up he has been through his career and how many games missed, etc. lacy was obviously dinged this year…Forte caught 74 balls this year…Jeffery only came on in 2nd half for the most part, so i think Forte rec probably cut by 20% next year or so..Forte outscored Lacy by SEVENTY FIVE points this year….but what do Lacy's numbers look like if he had 7 more games with Rodgers….prob about equal IMO…

I'll take the upside with a year under his belt now instead of the RB already 28 I think with the insane amount of work he had this season, I just felt like Lacy's bust factor was significantly less, though I don't think there's a doubt Forte's ceiling is higher.

In Rd 1, I'll go with what I feel is a bit of a safer route but can't fault at all on Forte!

2:39 pm
January 27, 2014

GuitaristX

GuitaristX

Admin

posts 894

To me, McCoy is the clear cut #1. He's only had one down year (2012, due to injury) and has been pretty much injury free outside of that. Even when it looks like he's gone down for the game he sits out a couple of plays and then he's back in there. Kelly's offense is downright explosive, and became even more so when Foles took over. He also plays in a crappier division than Charles. Since both teams had new coaches, some could say both might have been fluke years, but McCoy was productive in Reid's system as well. I also like the passing game around McCoy better than Charles'. My gut feeling is that teams "figure out" the Chiefs next year and won't be nearly as dominant as they were this year. 

Adrian Peterson has proven time and again that he will be a beast, but a new coach, likely a new QB, a new scheme and new personnel around him raise a lot of questions. The fact that you can get him at 2 or 3 is still great value. 

2:46 pm
January 27, 2014

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

SUPER DUPER SICK VALUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6:28 am
January 28, 2014

Cuda Joe

Barracuda Sports

NFL Rookie
NFL Rookie

posts 137

Post edited 10:13 am – January 28, 2014 by GuitaristX

GBinSB4ever said:

I'll take the upside with a year under his belt now instead of the RB already 28 I think with the insane amount of work he had this season, I just felt like Lacy's bust factor was significantly less, though I don't think there's a doubt Forte's ceiling is higher.

In Rd 1, I'll go with what I feel is a bit of a safer route but can't fault at all on Forte!

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Lacy this coming year as well, we just have no idea what he will do in a full season and have no idea if he will be catching passes. So I still see him behind Forte. When it comes to Forte, I think he has one huge year left in him and this may be the season and the Bears improve on defense and the offense actually becomes better with experience.

6:58 am
January 28, 2014

ShanePHallam

posts 445

I imagine we are done until the Super Bowl?

No Tags

About the Phoenix Fantasy Sports Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 90

Currently Online:
4 Guests

Currently Browsing this Topic:
1 Guest

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3
Forums: 7
Topics: 378

Membership:

There are 92087 Members
There have been 2 Guests

There is 1 Admin
There are 3 Moderators

Top Posters:

drmemory – 2908
DGB – 1708
apernesky – 551
bpwallace49 – 518
CB – 517
wikkidpissah – 341

Recent New Members: zlavin, Encore_Fantasy_Games, raider_pirate, JasminNorthern, fayemcook2015, jskowronek

Administrators: GuitaristX (894 Posts)

Moderators: GBinSB4ever (709 Posts), ShanePHallam (445 Posts), BigHardcore (1 Post)