2014 FANATICS DRAFT, DISCUSSION ONLY!! | Fanatics Draft | Forum

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Register? | Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

2014 FANATICS DRAFT, DISCUSSION ONLY!!

No Tags
UserPost

12:46 pm
February 18, 2014

DGB

Straight up G
Straight up G

posts 1708

Post edited 1:26 pm – February 18, 2014 by GuitaristX

GBinSB4ever said:

DGB, inquiring minds in this league (who are txtng me) are just wondering, for the sake of a laugh, how many times does it take to log on to take a kicker? LOL

More than I am proud to admit to… Crosby (picked!)… I'll just take Novak then… Shit, he was already taken… How about old Adam Vinatieri, he's currently a FA but I'm pretty sure the Colts will bring him back… What's that? … Someone took him already too… Damnit who IS still available… Fine give me Matt Bryant whatever.

Hail, hail…

2:12 pm
February 18, 2014

GuitaristX

GuitaristX

Admin

posts 894

DGB said:

GBinSB4ever said:

DGB, inquiring minds in this league (who are txtng me) are just wondering, for the sake of a laugh, how many times does it take to log on to take a kicker? LOL

More than I am proud to admit to… Crosby (picked!)… I'll just take Novak then… Shit, he was already taken… How about old Adam Vinatieri, he's currently a FA but I'm pretty sure the Colts will bring him back… What's that? … Someone took him already too… Damnit who IS still available… Fine give me Matt Bryant whatever.

I learned my lesson last year. I wanted to get one of the good Kickers who were not in a FA year (Gostkowski, Prater, Tucker, Hauschka) I would have gone Dawson but the Niners might opt to draft a rookie. Last year I waited until dead last to grab Shayne Graham who was on the Texans, then he got released and went to Cleveland… where they cut him, leaving me with no kicker for week 1. Lesson learned.

3:02 pm
February 18, 2014

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

I know I am not alone in this, but I could honestly do like 30 rounds.  We take generally about 72 more picks off the board than leagues that do typical 16 round draft….and i can STILL see a shitload of rosterable guys drafting.

2011 Fanatics season, proudly sponsored by GuitaristX!!

3:07 pm
February 18, 2014

ShanePHallam

posts 445

GBinSB4ever said:

I know I am not alone in this, but I could honestly do like 30 rounds.  We take generally about 72 more picks off the board than leagues that do typical 16 round draft….and i can STILL see a shitload of rosterable guys drafting.

We gotta vote to increase the rounds or start a new league with 30 rounds, lol.

3:12 pm
February 18, 2014

GuitaristX

GuitaristX

Admin

posts 894

GBinSB4ever said:

Don't you mean rosterbateable? 

Anyway, the only problem I see with doing a draft that long is that we're moving at a snail's pace as it is. A draft that long would extend in to FA or at least the combine, and it would really gum up the works. 

3:14 pm
February 18, 2014

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

we are 16 days…most likely i imagine end on day 17 tmrw… I think we've done this draft in 10-12 days usually.  if everyone committed to really trying to be avail, send lists, etc. we could haul it and bump this to 24-26-etc but I know a few already hate 22 lol

3:18 pm
February 18, 2014

ShanePHallam

posts 445

Combine starts Saturday, so we'd have 2 or 3 more days potentially.  Could be done!  Or set a live date/time to do it this week near the end.

4:03 pm
February 18, 2014

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

ShanePHallam said:

Combine starts Saturday, so we'd have 2 or 3 more days potentially.  Could be done!  Or set a live date/time to do it this week near the end.

I meant for future drafts…people draft strategy this year was based on 22 round so too late to change it for this year…can always see what people want to do next year.

4:21 pm
February 18, 2014

ShanePHallam

posts 445

GBinSB4ever said:

ShanePHallam said:

I meant for future drafts…people draft strategy this year was based on 22 round so too late to change it for this year…can always see what people want to do next year.

I know, just saying if we had the same pace next year

5:21 pm
February 18, 2014

Boneys2000

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 266

I will be home in the morning,hopefully to wrap this puppy up.Got my sights on someone.

5:23 pm
February 18, 2014

NascarBreath

Div I College Player
Div I College Player

posts 57

Fanatics sloppy seconds league? Haha

Next year draft starts after the Super Bowl and ends preseason week 1!

5:35 pm
February 18, 2014

CB

Michigan

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 517

Post edited 7:39 pm – February 18, 2014 by Camarillo

Hell!   Im good for 60 rounds !!!!   LOL  .. 25 or 30 I would agree with …     really we could go whatever rounds we choose but set a deadline of the night before Combine midnight !    all picks would have to be in by then …   all would have to commit to staying on top of this .  To Gbizz point this year has been abit slow compared to usual …   I think we would be fine increasing the rounds …  I know of at least 3 or 4 more guys I would want at this point ..    The well is not dry .     CB

2024 !  Here we fucking go again ! LOL

7:54 pm
February 18, 2014

ShanePHallam

posts 445

I have a feeling that will be the first and last pick ever in the Fanatics draft from Towson University, lol.

7:58 pm
February 18, 2014

CB

Michigan

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 517

Nice pick Shane !   Like West for sure !  Since West is now gone ..  You made my next choice easy 🙂   If he makes it to me ?????     Ugh

2024 !  Here we fucking go again ! LOL

8:35 pm
February 18, 2014

johnnyBuz

Philly

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 340

None of you newbies to the Fanatics draft remember the "good 'ol days" when this draft would creep into Free Agency

finishing before March is A-OK in my book

6:17 am
February 19, 2014

apernesky

SMELLYALATER

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 551

Only 4 years young in this draft… & it is way slower this year than my last 3…. if this draft goes longer I would need a BIGGER LIST… i only have around 3 guys at each position left… i would point out that in my 3 years of FA i do not think any year had more than 3 finds (guys who started for someone the rest of the year)… if we add more rounds… you would lose that… i doubt i would be in favor of more rounds

Thanks for the math help

8:31 am
February 19, 2014

wikkidpissah

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 341

wOw – snowed in for a wk+ – mom & i been eating Li'l Friskies & Italian breadcrumbs last 2 days.

too much catch-up to do the rd-x-rd now so will do team reviews once the grid is put up. dont worry, jeffy – i looked as little as possible @ who got what (cept to giggle @ buzzy's genius), so it'll be pretty close to a blind judging of teams A-L or whatever when the time comes, so i'll announce TE DAllen in the 20th as the SOD & bid y'all well til the judging.

12:01 pm
February 19, 2014

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

when we're done, someone do the grid, i can get a friend or 2 to review also

1:48 pm
February 19, 2014

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

Post edited 1:48 pm – February 19, 2014 by GBinSB4ever

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand all the more reason to hurry, in case people wonder why half this league wants the draft over and done as quickly as is possible…just food for thought when people roll their eyes…lol

NFL suspended free agent TE Fred Davis indefinitely for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

It had previously been reported that Davis was facing a six-game suspension, but it's much worse. It's his third strike and second suspension; Davis was suspended four games at the end of the 2011 season. The 27-year-old couldn't have had a worse past calendar year. He played sparingly for the Redskins in 2013 due to ineffectiveness and missed meetings. Davis also reportedly took naps in team meetings. Now, he's banned indefinitely. Davis is long on talent but has proven to be his worst enemy. He won't get a deal in free agency.

1:49 pm
February 19, 2014

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

i have txtd hammer, apern and CB to let them know. i am here til 430pm and then will be unavail for awhile but can pick way later tonight

No Tags

About the Phoenix Fantasy Sports Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 90

Currently Online:
3 Guests

Currently Browsing this Topic:
1 Guest

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3
Forums: 7
Topics: 378

Membership:

There are 92079 Members
There have been 2 Guests

There is 1 Admin
There are 3 Moderators

Top Posters:

drmemory – 2908
DGB – 1708
apernesky – 551
bpwallace49 – 518
CB – 517
wikkidpissah – 341

Recent New Members: zlavin, Encore_Fantasy_Games, raider_pirate, JasminNorthern, fayemcook2015, jskowronek

Administrators: GuitaristX (894 Posts)

Moderators: GBinSB4ever (709 Posts), ShanePHallam (445 Posts), BigHardcore (1 Post)