2012 Fanatics Draft DISCUSSION | Football Talk | Forum

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Register? | Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

2012 Fanatics Draft DISCUSSION

No Tags
UserPost

7:41 am
February 7, 2012

johnnyBuz

Philly

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 340

Post edited 7:42 am – February 7, 2012 by johnnyBuz

ShanePHallam said:

It's still Adrian Peterson, when he is back he will be the man.  For a 3rd round pick, 10 games of AD production (at the end of the year for the playoffs at that,) is quite fine.

10 games is a stretch, as is typical AD prodcution.

please refer to Wes Welker circa 2010.

7:47 am
February 7, 2012

ShanePHallam

posts 445

Different positions, different requirements.  Talked to a few injury experts and he could be on the field as soon as Week 3, probably at 85% by Week 6 or so.  I'll take 85% of AD over what is left!  We shall see!

7:55 am
February 7, 2012

bpwallace49

Nonya . . .

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 518

See . . . IMO they will not push him out there before he is 100% to protect that massive investmnet they have in him.

The best part of this league is the banter and values ppl place on players this far in advance. I took Fitzgerald earlier than ADP based upon his top 10 consistency teh last few years with scrubs throwing to him . . . and if the Manning rumor of him going to the desert are true, then he could be the top WR. If not, then I over reached for a guy that will be good, but not spectacular.

7:56 am
February 7, 2012

bpwallace49

Nonya . . .

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 518

ShanePHallam said:

Different positions, different requirements.  Talked to a few injury experts and he could be on the field as soon as Week 3, probably at 85% by Week 6 or so.  I'll take 85% of AD over what is left!  We shall see!

Watching Greys Anatomy and House does not make one an "injury expert" ShaneOMac.

Now go call yer boyfriend apernexy and get him to pick

7:57 am
February 7, 2012

johnnyBuz

Philly

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 340

trying to predict when he'll be on the field in february is comical. gerhart carried the rock down the stretch last year to the tune of 5ypc. i don't see why minnesota would risk AP's long-term health when it is simplty not necessary.

7:58 am
February 7, 2012

ShanePHallam

posts 445

johnnyBuz said:

trying to predict when he'll be on the field in february is comical. gerhart carried the rock down the stretch last year to the tune of 5ypc. i don't see why minnesota would risk AP's long-term health when it is simplty not necessary.

Because Leslie Frazier will be coaching for his job?

8:04 am
February 7, 2012

bpwallace49

Nonya . . .

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 518

ShanePHallam said:

johnnyBuz said:

Because Leslie Frazier will be coaching for his job?

And the owner will allow the franchise player to play not at a 100% just for Leslie Frasier's job? Cmon shane o mac . . . .

Dont get me wrong, I was targeting him in the 5th round myself, but there is a heck of a lot of risk versus reward there.

8:06 am
February 7, 2012

wikkidpissah

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 341

managing standard deviation is the key to winning any contest – especially with a "futurity" such as this. risk/reward is a valid strategy here, but not so much in a contest like this where there are even less weak links (hi, andypandy!) than in those columnist drafts you see online. especially after seeing how impactful developments like the flowering of ArianNation in '10 & the loss of P-Man in '11 have been against ye behemoths, i've come to prefer mid-range investments, like that of my gamble that the 2nd yrs of development of the WRs across the field from them will free up coverage of my 2 WR pix.

8:10 am
February 7, 2012

johnnyBuz

Philly

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 340

this is definitely one of, if not the, most competitive leagues i've been in. early drafting is awesome. that said, i am still amazed that i started 4-0 and missed the playoffs in this league. my team really shit the bed down the stretch.

8:13 am
February 7, 2012

bpwallace49

Nonya . . .

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 518

Mike Turner for apernexy

AJ Green for Hammer . . .

Now we are rolling!!!

8:17 am
February 7, 2012

bpwallace49

Nonya . . .

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 518

Jbuzz is on . . . guitarist is being texted . . DGB os online. I liiiiiiike the progress!Yell

8:49 am
February 7, 2012

apernesky

SMELLYALATER

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 551

bpwallace49 said:

Watching Greys Anatomy and House does not make one an "injury expert" ShaneOMac.

HAHAA… i was considering AP in 2nd round… shocked how far he fell..shocked even more about turner… i think his questions are less than Freddy Jax…

Thanks for the math help

9:03 am
February 7, 2012

bpwallace49

Nonya . . .

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 518

dammit buzz . . . . nice pick

9:20 am
February 7, 2012

GuitaristX

GuitaristX

Admin

posts 894

I seriously can't believe Jennings fell all the way to me at the back end of the 3rd. Insane value.  

9:21 am
February 7, 2012

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

love the banter, agreed best part of this league is the draft itself where opinions and values of players are all over the map and there IS no consensus.  Not a bad spot for AP, even if you get 6 games out of him at the end….agreed Buz 4-0 and missing the playoffs is kind of nuts.

Solid Cruz pick, how Jennings fell to 3.9 is also beyond me. SICK value there.

2011 Fanatics season, proudly sponsored by GuitaristX!!

9:28 am
February 7, 2012

GuitaristX

GuitaristX

Admin

posts 894

Shane-O is in a great position with his RBs, IMHO. He has 2 studs with MJD and AP, and a great RB2 with Matthews… to have AP as a flex? Ridiculous. If he can manage to get by without AP for weeks 1-4, this definitely will be a team to be reckoned with.  Will be interesting to see who he targets next. 

9:28 am
February 7, 2012

ShanePHallam

posts 445

It's a pretty deep year, thus why I still wouldn't touch QB in the first round.  If you didn't, your team probably looks good right now.

9:29 am
February 7, 2012

GuitaristX

GuitaristX

Admin

posts 894

P.S. – Someone nudge DGB if they haven't already. He's online. 

9:31 am
February 7, 2012

GuitaristX

GuitaristX

Admin

posts 894

ShanePHallam said:

It's a pretty deep year, thus why I still wouldn't touch QB in the first round.  If you didn't, your team probably looks good right now.

So you're implying that if you went QB early, your team looks bad? LaughYell

9:32 am
February 7, 2012

johnnyBuz

Philly

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 340

GuitaristX said:

I seriously can't believe Jennings fell all the way to me at the back end of the 3rd. Insane value.  

i can. he's got a 3-year average of 70 catches, 1110 yards and 8.3 TDs. good stats but certainly not elite.

No Tags

About the Phoenix Fantasy Sports Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 90

Currently Online:
19 Guests

Currently Browsing this Topic:
1 Guest

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3
Forums: 7
Topics: 378

Membership:

There are 92050 Members
There have been 2 Guests

There is 1 Admin
There are 3 Moderators

Top Posters:

drmemory – 2908
DGB – 1708
apernesky – 551
bpwallace49 – 518
CB – 517
wikkidpissah – 341

Recent New Members: zlavin, Encore_Fantasy_Games, raider_pirate, JasminNorthern, fayemcook2015, jskowronek

Administrators: GuitaristX (894 Posts)

Moderators: GBinSB4ever (709 Posts), ShanePHallam (445 Posts), BigHardcore (1 Post)