2012 Fanatics Draft DISCUSSION | Football Talk | Forum

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Register? | Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

2012 Fanatics Draft DISCUSSION

No Tags
UserPost

9:32 am
February 7, 2012

bpwallace49

Nonya . . .

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 518

GuitaristX said:

ShanePHallam said:

It's a pretty deep year, thus why I still wouldn't touch QB in the first round.  If you didn't, your team probably looks good right now.

So you're implying that if you went QB early, your team looks bad? LaughYell

That is exactly what he is saying . . . what a dick.  lol

9:40 am
February 7, 2012

ShanePHallam

posts 445

bpwallace49 said:

GuitaristX said:

ShanePHallam said:

It's a pretty deep year, thus why I still wouldn't touch QB in the first round.  If you didn't, your team probably looks good right now.

Man, calling someone a dick is the last thing you should be doing Wally, haha.  

Not saying you have a bad team if you took a QB first (I think some aren't great so far and some still are good with QBs,) just that you have a good team if you didn't.  

9:47 am
February 7, 2012

bpwallace49

Nonya . . .

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 518

ShanePHallam said:

bpwallace49 said:

GuitaristX said:

ShanePHallam said:

Not saying you have a bad team if you took a QB first (I think some aren't great so far and some still are good with QBs,) just that you have a good team if you didn't.  

Really?

DICK

9:51 am
February 7, 2012

ShanePHallam

posts 445

bpwallace49 said:

ShanePHallam said:

bpwallace49 said:

GuitaristX said:

ShanePHallam said:

Really?

DICK

At least I know how to quote someone correctly on a message board!

9:55 am
February 7, 2012

bpwallace49

Nonya . . .

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 518

Doesnt detract from your dickishness Shane o mac . . . . .

10:08 am
February 7, 2012

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

DGB was online when he was OTC…not sure what happened…we were flying too…only takes one person, dammit 🙁 lol

2011 Fanatics season, proudly sponsored by GuitaristX!!

10:10 am
February 7, 2012

NascarBreath

Div I College Player
Div I College Player

posts 57

GuitaristX said:

ShanePHallam said:

I will admit I am a bit different in the way I look at this game, but is it not a fair statement that MOST of what we all think about next year is based off what we saw happen this year? So if anything, it turns out LAST YEAR was "pretty deep", IMO. Yet, the league was won by a guy who drafted a qb in one of the 1st three round.

personally, I tend to think it is MUCH less complicated than most of us make it out to be and a simple look at something like points against tells more of the story than any 3 year average or adp or vbd or any other geeky fantasy guru stat.

Our champ from last year drafted an early QB, blew a bunch of picks, got a great steal in the draft late with Jimmy Graham, got some luck, and hopefully had some fun on the way to winning the league.

That is pretty much my strategy. Throw some crap on the wall, hope it sticks, get some luck, and at the end of the year talk some smack. Pretty much like throwing a dart and then drawing the bullseye around it.

10:10 am
February 7, 2012

bpwallace49

Nonya . . .

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 518

Well  . . . . talking with shane o mac and his insider medical information inspires me to take a dump.

Out for the forseeable future

10:40 am
February 7, 2012

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

wow early for Jordy, IMO.

CB will be picking shortly. BP and DGB, please don't go too far.

2011 Fanatics season, proudly sponsored by GuitaristX!!

10:49 am
February 7, 2012

apernesky

SMELLYALATER

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 551

Gbin that picture is scaring the kids…

I thought Jordy was going to go infront of Jennings the way things are going… the new EASY ED looked great this year.. & he seems to has the size & speed to do it again

Thanks for the math help

10:52 am
February 7, 2012

DGB

Straight up G
Straight up G

posts 1708

Post edited 10:53 am – February 7, 2012 by DGB

I was drooling to take Gennings had he slid to me… but looking at the numbers, Jordy was the #3 overall WR last year and while the TD totals will hard to duplicate, his targets should ony increase, and that offense is not going to slow down.

Hail, hail…

10:54 am
February 7, 2012

ShanePHallam

posts 445

NascarBreath said:

GuitaristX said:

ShanePHallam said:

I will admit I am a bit different in the way I look at this game, but is it not a fair statement that MOST of what we all think about next year is based off what we saw happen this year? So if anything, it turns out LAST YEAR was "pretty deep", IMO. Yet, the league was won by a guy who drafted a qb in one of the 1st three round.

personally, I tend to think it is MUCH less complicated than most of us make it out to be and a simple look at something like points against tells more of the story than any 3 year average or adp or vbd or any other geeky fantasy guru stat.

Our champ from last year drafted an early QB, blew a bunch of picks, got a great steal in the draft late with Jimmy Graham, got some luck, and hopefully had some fun on the way to winning the league.

That is pretty much my strategy. Throw some crap on the wall, hope it sticks, get some luck, and at the end of the year talk some smack. Pretty much like throwing a dart and then drawing the bullseye around it.

True.  Now, the question will be how many QBs throw for 5,000 yards and/or 40 TDs this year.  No one did either the year before.  Brady's big year in 07, he won some teams leagues and people took him the next year Top 10.  Brees had the big year (and still didn't hit 40 TDs,) and his ADP was in the early 3rd round.                                                 

10:57 am
February 7, 2012

apernesky

SMELLYALATER

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 551

that was what i meant CB.. looks like you waited & still nagged your boys… would say I got the winner last year in D MUrray… see what round 22 holds this year for me

Thanks for the math help

11:06 am
February 7, 2012

CB

Michigan

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 517

Post edited 11:31 am – February 7, 2012 by Camarillo Brillo

Yep ..  I wanted Aj Green and Murray !   Wallace and Hammer sniped me so i went with plan B !!    Nice picks guys !      CB  

2024 !  Here we fucking go again ! LOL

11:08 am
February 7, 2012

bpwallace49

Nonya . . .

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 518

was hoping for Cruz to fall further, but I will take a top 12 WR like Marshall as a consoloation prize. Philben will install a pass-happy offense, and if Flynn goes to Miami then Marshall will be a huge value this late.

and I am very happy with Murray this late.

11:09 am
February 7, 2012

DGB

Straight up G
Straight up G

posts 1708

Picked.  On to Guitarsex…

Hail, hail…

11:21 am
February 7, 2012

ShanePHallam

posts 445

I'm going to be out for about 3 hours or so, just FYI.  Don't think it will hit me, but text me if it does with any picks after this point.

11:32 am
February 7, 2012

bpwallace49

Nonya . . .

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 518

Shane . . feel free to hop on facebook and send me a 2 man list if you want. I texted Jbuzz that he is OTC, and hammer is very good about getting on when needed

11:33 am
February 7, 2012

johnnyBuz

Philly

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 340

man my draft woulda been complete if d murray somehow fell to me in the 4th

11:42 am
February 7, 2012

bpwallace49

Nonya . . .

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 518

Jbuzz I was terrified he wouldnt be there for me in the 3rd . . . I love that guy this year

No Tags

About the Phoenix Fantasy Sports Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 90

Currently Online:
2 Guests

Currently Browsing this Topic:
1 Guest

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3
Forums: 7
Topics: 378

Membership:

There are 92094 Members
There have been 2 Guests

There is 1 Admin
There are 3 Moderators

Top Posters:

drmemory – 2908
DGB – 1708
apernesky – 551
bpwallace49 – 518
CB – 517
wikkidpissah – 341

Recent New Members: zlavin, Encore_Fantasy_Games, raider_pirate, JasminNorthern, fayemcook2015, jskowronek

Administrators: GuitaristX (894 Posts)

Moderators: GBinSB4ever (709 Posts), ShanePHallam (445 Posts), BigHardcore (1 Post)