2012 Fanatics analysis | Football Talk | Forum

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Register? | Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

2012 Fanatics analysis

UserPost

7:29 pm
February 27, 2012

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

I'll be doing my own review at some point in the next week or 2.

This is from a friend of mine for those interested (I disagree with a LOT of his analysis, lol):

TEAM A
Boom or bust squad. You're betting on Frank Gore, Percy Harvin, Brandon Lloyd, and Fred Jackson. All of these guys have question marks regarding what they will do in 2012. Yet, these are in-arguably good players that score points when their teams play well. I especially like Brandon Lloyd going into next year… he'll score 8+ TD's with Bradford and potentially a lot more if he goes to New England. Aaron Hernandez is a good value pick while everyone is still crazy about GRONK. Can't feel too bad with Antonio Brown & Ben Tate on the bench either. This is a pretty good team.

TEAM B
Oh Breesus Christ. What a sad sack of players this is. He's throwing the net wide on the receivers with Dwayne Bowe, Julio Jones, Reggie Wayne, Santana Moss, and Doug Baldwin. It could be interesting if two of those guys pan out, but I have a feeling he's going to be frustrated every week trying to figure out with mediocre receiver to start next. But Maybe Reggie Wayne scores 10 TD's next year… you never know. But besides Drew Brees & Tiny Darren, he will struggle. His bench is garbage, and I will never own S-Jax in fantasy football for the remainder of his career. The Rams are a bad football team that don't score enough points for him to be worth a pick anymore.

TEAM C 
You know, I like your team. All of these starters are reliable players except for Darren McSandy-vagina and Antonio Gates, who is not aging well. But, I see you have Brenk Celek in your pocket, and he quietly did OK last year. Helu is the obvious gamble here, but Santonio Holmes will be a good flex guy for you when Mike Shanahan goes back to Tim Hightower and then to some guy we've never heard of before. You got The Rapistberger at QB and you know Todd Haley is going to abandon the run on a consistent basis (cause that's what the Tomlin-Steelers do regardless of how much they want to pretend they pound the rock). And if the 49ers ever get Michael Crabtree going, you'll reap the rewards of that as well (but don't bet on it). You did well enough.

TEAM D 
Well look at this fancy group of playmakers. The obvious gambles here are Shonn Greene and LeGarrete Blount, but I like how he's stacking the Indy running backs as insurance… that's kinda smart. But P-Riv, Shady McCoy, Hakeem Nicks, Roddy White, and YOTTO Finley? That's sexy.

TEAM E
I'm starting to think the bottom row of teams aren't very impressive because this team has a ton of ballers too… and Tony Romo, but whatever. If Adrian Peterson returns at full strength, this squad could be scary, especially if Ryan Mathews and MJD do what they are assumed to do. I will say his bench is kind of weak, but I do like the Ryan Williams pick. Taking a second look, I'm not sure he has the depth to get to a championship, but maybe his young rookies will sprout like beautiful flowers in the NFL sunlight.

TEAM F 
This team just put TEAMS D & E to shame in the sexy department. All of his starters are threats to put up 15+ points a game on any given week. You've got AJ Green (love him), Matt Forte, Ron Mexico, D-Jax, Steve Smith, and GRONK on a single team? And you've got Felix Jones & Pierre Thomas coming off the bench? Well, my hat is off to you sir, especially if the Dream Team rebounds.

TEAM G
Way way way too many players that are off my draft board. No on Matt Ryan. No on Johnathan Stewart. No on CJ Spiller. No on V-Jax (I like him in theory, but he disappears for weeks at a time). Calvin Johnson & Michael Turner alone will not get you to the championship. Trade Jimmy Graham for a so-so TE and a better RB than CJ Spiller. I like the Kendall Hunter pick though. If Frank gets dinged, Kendall will get 80% of the carries… though watch out for Anthony Dixon vulturing the goal line TD's.

TEAM H

This dude is brave because he is rolling the dice on everyone on his roster… literally everyone besides Discount Double-Check. Jamarles was hurt. Michael Bush has McSandy in front of him. Cruz de la Salsa won't replicate his numbers. Marques Colston might be on a new team. Kenny Britt was also hurt. Fred Davis is good, but the Redskins are not. I don't love it, but he's got Mark Ingram on the bench? This is far from my favorite team.

TEAM I
CAM. Cam alone can win you games week to week. With that said, these RB's are kinda shitty. Beenie Wells has the absolute sandiest vagina in the NFL. He will get hurt at some point… you can bet on it. Meanwhile, Jahvid Best's vagina is so sandy he lives at the damn beach (I feel bad for him though). I'm a believer in Willis McGahee, but how much longer can he keep it up? Greg Jennings, Wes Welker, & Jason Witten are a nice trio, and well HELLO Anquan Boldin on the bench. Question, who drafts Nate Washington anymore? I guess it's the same guy who drafts Alex Smith.

TEAM J
Underwhelming, but sound. I have a hard time getting excited about Ahmad Bradshaw, Peyton Hillis, and Daniel Thomas at RB. That simply doesn't sound like a winning combination, but maybe the winning-version of Hillis shows up this season? There is high-risk, high-reward with all three of the receivers, and Vernon Davis is a good TE pick, but always a gamble since he draws the double-teams all the time.

TEAM K

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what it looks like when you draft good players on bad teams. Brandon Marshall & Larry Fitzgerald are beastly, but they play on teams where their value is greatly diminished. I think the Demarco Murray hype is a joke… call me when he has a good game against a team that's actually worth a crap. I've never been a Rashard Mendenhall fan, but he's proven me wrong before. This team is pretty mediocre.

TEAM L
And apparently, we've saved the worst for last. Was this guy even at the draft or…? How can you go into a season with Torrey Smith, Larent Robinson, and Tony Gonzalez as your receivers? And you're counting on the Pavlovian Skittle Beast and Reggie Bush to carry your squad? Better pray Justin Blackmon and Mikel LeShoure blow up for you.

2011 Fanatics season, proudly sponsored by GuitaristX!!

7:16 am
February 28, 2012

apernesky

SMELLYALATER

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 551

I like it… is this guy Gordon Ramsey… HE BLAST THE SHIT out of 90% of are teams… not a bad way to go… I dont like the teams for different reasons coming soon… LOL… I havent been able to get anyone to trash the teams yet… ill see if i can get a few peeps to elect a few playoff teams from this sad bunch….tell your boy some one gots to win

Thanks for the math help

6:57 am
February 29, 2012

ShanePHallam

posts 445

I do like that GBin grades his team in the 3rd person, haha.  Fair enough analysis!

9:01 am
March 8, 2012

DGB

Straight up G
Straight up G

posts 1708

Bueller, Bueller…

Not that I've put much effort into it yet, but I would have thought that we'd have seen Jeffy's and BPW's breakdowns by now.

Hail, hail…

1:34 pm
March 9, 2012

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

def been meaning to do this, just so swamped lately.  Sad though that no one else has either after all this time. Nervous the FAN is going out of the FANatics league. :-/

I'll try to get to it next week assuming the wife hasn't given birth yet LOL

2011 Fanatics season, proudly sponsored by GuitaristX!!

11:09 am
March 12, 2012

johnnyBuz

Philly

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 340

anyone have the links for the threads at whatever other sites they were posted at? 

11:14 am
March 12, 2012

ShanePHallam

posts 445

About the Phoenix Fantasy Sports Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 90

Currently Online:
3 Guests

Currently Browsing this Topic:
1 Guest

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3
Forums: 7
Topics: 378

Membership:

There are 92162 Members
There have been 2 Guests

There is 1 Admin
There are 3 Moderators

Top Posters:

drmemory – 2908
DGB – 1708
apernesky – 551
bpwallace49 – 518
CB – 517
wikkidpissah – 341

Recent New Members: zlavin, Encore_Fantasy_Games, raider_pirate, JasminNorthern, fayemcook2015, jskowronek

Administrators: GuitaristX (894 Posts)

Moderators: GBinSB4ever (709 Posts), ShanePHallam (445 Posts), BigHardcore (1 Post)