2013 FANATICS DRAFT, DISCUSSION ONLY | Fanatics Draft | Forum

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Register? | Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

2013 FANATICS DRAFT, DISCUSSION ONLY

No Tags
UserPost

8:32 am
February 9, 2013

apernesky

SMELLYALATER

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 551

are we braking for the weekend… shoot me a tex when im up… will be out most of day… taking a list

Thanks for the math help

9:29 am
February 9, 2013

wikkidpissah

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 341

DGB said:

Mark is up.

I was unenthusiastically planning on taking Shon Green, but Hammer sniped me and had to go back to the drawing board. I was high on Pead as a rookie, but he didn't do much spending the season in Fisher's doghouse. If SJax goes elsewhere, I'm hoping that with a training camp to get better at the pro game he'll get a shot at being lead dog.

you got Pead on

11:07 am
February 9, 2013

CB

Michigan

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 517

Damn You Wallace !   friggin wait 24 hours for you to pick ,, and then you Snipe me again !!!  Rice had already committed to my team !!!   LOL  Just not fair I'm telling you …      CB

2024 !  Here we fucking go again ! LOL

3:57 pm
February 9, 2013

bpwallace49

Nonya . . .

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 518

CoolDamn You Wallace !   friggin wait 24 hours for you to pick ,, and then you Snipe me again !!!  Rice had already committed to my team !!!   LOL  Just not fair I'm telling you …      CB

Sorry CB . . .  Laugh  I shoulda taken him last round . .forgot he was available.

8:12 pm
February 9, 2013

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

Post edited 8:15 pm – February 9, 2013 by GBinSB4ever

people seem to be dragging wayyyyyyyyyyy longer than in years past, or maybe it's just me?

if 1/2 the league is gonna take the pedal off the floor for this draft, then I have to also…

bradshaw being released is a PRIME example of why we need to do this draft as fast as possible, every day there is more news and info that gives ppl yet to pick an advantage, etc.

I txtd Buz a long time ago that he is up…asked me who was picked cause he isn't at a computer…I said since when? and have not heard back.  I have both of aguirre picks that I can txt to Buz once he is makes his own pick.

I'm around most of the night, unavail prob from 10-1130pst but thats late enough EST that if we don't get past Buzz's picks, we won't til the morning.

2011 Fanatics season, proudly sponsored by GuitaristX!!

9:07 pm
February 9, 2013

johnnyBuz

Philly

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 340

I just checked the 2012 draft. On Feb 9th we were in the 9th round and I believe last year was the 2nd fastest draft we ever finished? 

I think we are making excellent progress. In years past, this would drag out into Free Agency which is like March 14th. No need to get your panties in a bunch — shit happens and I'm not gonna schedule my weekend around making a pick. 

Sorry for the delay but in all honesty, we are making drafting at a pretty fast pace overall. 

11:07 pm
February 9, 2013

wikkidpissah

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 341

so much better to have 11 others base their wkend on waiting for someone to pick.

hope this lasts til next wkend so i can try it and feel what its like to not only be a 37yo grad student who cant take five minutes out of his vital schedule to keep even the flow of events but then to have earned, by this toil, a wkend so precious that i must make every moment count for me.

all hail the fevers of great minds!!

11:31 pm
February 9, 2013

johnnyBuz

Philly

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 340

wikkidpissah said:

so much better to have 11 others base their wkend on waiting for someone to pick.

hope this lasts til next wkend so i can try it and feel what its like to not only be a 37yo grad student who cant take five minutes out of his vital schedule to keep even the flow of events but then to have earned, by this toil, a wkend so precious that i must make every moment count for me.

oh no!! it took 7 hours to make 4 10th round picks on the turn. what is the world coming to?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!

11:36 pm
February 9, 2013

johnnyBuz

Philly

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 340

wikkidpissah said:

Please, feel free to bitch Shane out however for taking 3 days to pick Frank Gore. 

12:44 am
February 10, 2013

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

buz i wasn't only referring to you so don't think i was singing you out, though Shane is a totally different story as the player still had one more game to play, i don't fault him at all for waiting.

the only reason though we are so far along is cause we got in so much before the actual SB….based on previous years we are well behind the pace but you're right we are still keeping it moving and will be just fine.

5:29 am
February 10, 2013

ShanePHallam

posts 445

johnnyBuz said:

wikkidpissah said:

Please, feel free to bitch Shane out however for taking 3 days to pick Frank Gore. 

Why would I get bitched out for doing exactly what the rules are set up for me to do pre-Super Bowl?

6:27 am
February 10, 2013

apernesky

SMELLYALATER

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 551

Post edited 6:28 am – February 10, 2013 by apernesky

i thought last yr or yr before we had a night that we all said we would all try to be on for & banged out a few rounds… i know that is asking a lot with 12 people … most nights i can be on line from 9pm on… my job lets me set in front of a computer from 9am-3pm every day

just a LONG Shot (thought)

Thanks for the math help

7:36 am
February 10, 2013

wikkidpissah

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 341

the fact that ive been drafting with john for most of his 20 yrs as a college student and he's never missed the opportunity to put his needs over the group's nor cite chapter & verse of others' "malfeasance" once he's called on it says all that needs be said. the fact that i still draft with AND adore him says probably more than i want it to say about me.

8:12 am
February 10, 2013

CB

Michigan

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 517

Hoping Welker leaves and Lloyd's value will increase abit ?   Ugh    CB

2024 !  Here we fucking go again ! LOL

8:17 am
February 10, 2013

wikkidpissah

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 341

Post edited 8:18 am – February 10, 2013 by wikkidpissah

Camarillo Brillo said:

Hoping Welker leaves and Lloyd's value will increase abit ?   Ugh    CB

Huge value there. Even though Brady was a little pissed at him by season's end for little misses – drops & routes – Lloyd still gives the best off shoulder in the biz & that will be big if Welker goes.

Like Floyd bigtime, as well – he was very impressive in the one late-season game i saw him and would have been the next WR i took if Shane hadnt outscouted me.

8:45 am
February 10, 2013

bpwallace49

Nonya . . .

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 518

Damn it wikkid. Thought I sneak by one more round before snagging James.

9:02 am
February 10, 2013

wikkidpissah

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 341

Post edited 9:04 am – February 10, 2013 by wikkidpissah

bpwallace49 said:

Damn it wikkid. Thought I sneak by one more round before snagging James.

yeah, he's got great feet and just enough bulk to be a perfect read-option back & i expect the Niners to go "Patriot" in their rotation of him & Gore. within 2-3 yrs, the ability to get consistent yardage from shotgun handoffs will be the #1 quality sought from RBs. 

was going to take him last round, but i thought it more likely to be able to get Bilal Powell (who, as it stands now, has a starting job), then James than vice versa, but i knew that was as far as i could stretch it. sorry, Wally.

11:34 am
February 10, 2013

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

kinda surprised no one sniped Bush, Forte is good for 1-3 missed games every year and he always provides solid RB2 value when spot starting.

oh wait, it's Michael Bush.

Wally, fake rosterbating for you is getting tougher and tougher. I may need a website to help me out or something

11:41 am
February 10, 2013

johnnyBuz

Philly

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 340

ShanePHallam said:

johnnyBuz said:

wikkidpissah said:

Why would I get bitched out for doing exactly what the rules are set up for me to do pre-Super Bowl?

it was tongue-in-cheek — I don't really care that you took 3 days but I just think it is a dumb rule and we should either start AFTER the SB or start after the pro-bowl but not allow people to wait for picks of people in the SB. 

11:41 am
February 10, 2013

GuitaristX

GuitaristX

Admin

posts 894

wikkidpissah said:

the fact that ive been drafting with john for most of his 20 yrs as a college student and he's never missed the opportunity to put his needs over the group's nor cite chapter & verse of others' "malfeasance" once he's called on it says all that needs be said. the fact that i still draft with AND adore him says probably more than i want it to say about me.

I think it says that Buz is the illegitimate lovechild of yours and Creek's mom. How else can you explain such adoration?

No Tags

About the Phoenix Fantasy Sports Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 90

Currently Online:
1 Guest

Currently Browsing this Topic:
1 Guest

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3
Forums: 7
Topics: 378

Membership:

There are 92190 Members
There have been 2 Guests

There is 1 Admin
There are 3 Moderators

Top Posters:

drmemory – 2908
DGB – 1708
apernesky – 551
bpwallace49 – 518
CB – 517
wikkidpissah – 341

Recent New Members: zlavin, Encore_Fantasy_Games, raider_pirate, JasminNorthern, fayemcook2015, jskowronek

Administrators: GuitaristX (894 Posts)

Moderators: GBinSB4ever (709 Posts), ShanePHallam (445 Posts), BigHardcore (1 Post)