2013 FANATICS DRAFT, DISCUSSION ONLY | Fanatics Draft | Forum

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Register? | Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

2013 FANATICS DRAFT, DISCUSSION ONLY

No Tags
UserPost

6:48 pm
February 17, 2013

ShanePHallam

posts 445

bpwallace49 said:

If we go 22 rounds . . then there should be no FA movements at all. The team you draft is what you have for the whole year. Hell, I would be in favor of also doing it "best ball" format, where your top performer each week is the one that gets counted. Truly see who is the best a telling the future for the NFL and not just rely on  "lottery ticket" or a week one bid for 99 dollars for a guy that pops out of nowhere.

I don't want another Best Ball League, most of the early draft leagues are those.  I like this because we DO play it out and the stakes are still extremely high.  If we don't have any pick-ups, then the draft WOULD need to be increased to account for injuries IMO.  

6:50 pm
February 17, 2013

bpwallace49

Nonya . . .

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 518

GBinSB4ever said:

Wallace you've been advocating for the "no moves" league forever.

If everyone else wants to vote on this, we can.

I will continue to . . . .there is no need to have this many rounds without limiting/eliminating FA moves. Either have less rounds and have no real difference than other leagues besides an absurdedly early draft, or be truly DIFFERENT, have 24-26 rounds and have ZERO transactions. That way instead of having people hoard 8 RBS, you are FORCED to actually think through quality depth at each position instead of playing the waiver wire game with kickers and defenses. 2-4 QBs would be the norm . . at least 3 TES and kickers. Bye weeks become RELEVANT.

But I am a voice in the wilderness  . . . unheeded by most.

7:44 pm
February 17, 2013

CB

Michigan

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 517

Post edited 7:46 pm – February 17, 2013 by Camarillo Brillo

If we go 26 rounds I am in favor of the "No Moves Rule"   lol   Note that would be Free Agent Moves ..   I will always believe in trading .    CB  

2024 !  Here we fucking go again ! LOL

8:29 pm
February 17, 2013

johnnyBuz

Philly

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 340

bpwallace49 said:

GBinSB4ever said:

Wallace you've been advocating for the "no moves" league forever.

If everyone else wants to vote on this, we can.

I will continue to . . . .there is no need to have this many rounds without limiting/eliminating FA moves. Either have less rounds and have no real difference than other leagues besides an absurdedly early draft, or be truly DIFFERENT, have 24-26 rounds and have ZERO transactions. That way instead of having people hoard 8 RBS, you are FORCED to actually think through quality depth at each position instead of playing the waiver wire game with kickers and defenses. 2-4 QBs would be the norm . . at least 3 TES and kickers. Bye weeks become RELEVANT.

But I am a voice in the wilderness  . . . unheeded by most.

I agree with most of this. 

And Jeff, I am not interested in leaving the league and won't be leaving anytime soon. Last year on Feb 17th we were in Round 22. This year we are in Round 20. Doing just fine. 

I make a conscious effort to not hold up the draft every year in the first 12-15 rounds and I think my average time-on-clock would show that, but after that I am going to ease off the gas a bit since we are still finishing earlier than March every year. 

8:32 pm
February 17, 2013

johnnyBuz

Philly

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 340

PS: a few late round diamonds in the rough doesn't change the fact that the depth of talent is pretty much garbage at the end of the draft. 

it's simply statistics and laws of averages that every year there will be late round players that outperform their ADP. that doesn't change the fact that most players at the end of the draft are completely useless. 

10:12 pm
February 17, 2013

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

I would be willing to vote on the no moves if the league ALSO voted to do 26 rounds. If we moved the draft to 26 rounds you'd have my vote for a zero moves league.

Remember when we DIDN'T lock the rosters before week 1? That was all wallace when he commished and made it a rule. How does that SOB always end up getting what he wants?? LOL.

Seriously, 26 rounds, no moves, I'm in.

However since many people have been basing draft strategies on a 22 round draft this year it would only be fair to institute/vote on this for next year's season, everyone agree on that?

2011 Fanatics season, proudly sponsored by GuitaristX!!

10:12 pm
February 17, 2013

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

And good to hear buz definitely don't want you leaving

10:14 pm
February 17, 2013

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

One last one….we were 2 rounds ahead of this year's pace, despite getting in 2 full less rounds before the SB (remember our progress this year before the SB was insane) and a SB that i believe was played 2 days later last year (2/5 instead of 2/3?)

Our pace this year is the slowest it's been in several, but yes we are still finishing early enough.

11:14 pm
February 17, 2013

bpwallace49

Nonya . . .

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 518

One last one….we were 2 rounds ahead of this year's pace, despite getting in 2 full less rounds before the SB (remember our progress this year before the SB was insane) and a SB that i believe was played 2 days later last year (2/5 instead of 2/3?)

Our pace this year is the slowest it's been in several, but yes we are still finishing early enough.

Oh no! The pace is slower!!!

I entirely blame the deadbeat commish

1:34 am
February 18, 2013

johnnyBuz

Philly

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 340

GBinSB4ever said:

Ah yes … the logic that is akin to "well if you remove his three runs of 90+ yards this season, his YPC would only be 3.8 instead of 4.8."

just messing jeffy, I just never bought into the ifs and buts and candy and nuts logic. 

6:24 am
February 18, 2013

apernesky

SMELLYALATER

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 551

This league has a COMMISH?? please step forward.. it is more like Ford with 8 Presidents & 4 VPs the way i see it…

i dont care how many rounds we draft i want FA moves… i could see drafting 16 (18) rounds & only have 5 FA moves

Just my thoughts

Thanks for the math help

6:48 am
February 18, 2013

wikkidpissah

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 341

y'all want to just SHUT UP?!?! i gotta figure out how to get 9 more RBs on my roster with only three rds to go & all this arguing is ruining my concentration.

8:41 am
February 18, 2013

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

this year's alfred morris?  we'll see

8:48 am
February 18, 2013

wikkidpissah

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 341

GBinSB4ever said:

this year's alfred morris?  we'll see

well, then, how DARE you not leave him available for a wk 2 $93 waiver claim?!

9:20 am
February 18, 2013

bpwallace49

Nonya . . .

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 518

OMG SICKEST VALUE EVAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

11:23 am
February 18, 2013

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

i txtd buz he is OTC and promised him only 3 picks left total for him lol

11:23 am
February 18, 2013

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

Post edited 2:07 pm – February 18, 2013 by GBinSB4ever

no idea why the posted twice

11:31 am
February 18, 2013

CB

Michigan

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 517

Come Onn Blount !!  get traded to Miami after Reggie leaves !!    CB

2024 !  Here we fucking go again ! LOL

2:45 pm
February 18, 2013

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

buz says will pick shortly, he's in class…

i sure hope blount isn't in the TB plans and I guessed right on the Martin handcuff

3:25 pm
February 18, 2013

johnnyBuz

Philly

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 340

wooooh!! guessing on handcuffs — where FF champs are crowned jk brah

No Tags

About the Phoenix Fantasy Sports Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 90

Currently Online:
1 Guest

Currently Browsing this Topic:
1 Guest

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3
Forums: 7
Topics: 378

Membership:

There are 92114 Members
There have been 2 Guests

There is 1 Admin
There are 3 Moderators

Top Posters:

drmemory – 2908
DGB – 1708
apernesky – 551
bpwallace49 – 518
CB – 517
wikkidpissah – 341

Recent New Members: zlavin, Encore_Fantasy_Games, raider_pirate, JasminNorthern, fayemcook2015, jskowronek

Administrators: GuitaristX (894 Posts)

Moderators: GBinSB4ever (709 Posts), ShanePHallam (445 Posts), BigHardcore (1 Post)