2013 FANATICS DRAFT, DISCUSSION ONLY | Fanatics Draft | Forum

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Register? | Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

2013 FANATICS DRAFT, DISCUSSION ONLY

No Tags
UserPost

5:49 pm
February 18, 2013

DGB

Straight up G
Straight up G

posts 1708

I'm fine with the format of the league and the pace of these later rounds. I'm not against considering change, but enjoy these lottery ticket picks. The reading and rookie research that I do definitely helps in later drafts and dynasty leagues.

Hail, hail…

5:55 pm
February 18, 2013

DGB

Straight up G
Straight up G

posts 1708

Also wanted to let a bunch of you know that you multi-sniped me in the 18/19th. I had my eye on:

Alex Smith
Terrell Pryor
Tavon Austin!
Reuben Randle!
LSH

Hail, hail…

9:55 pm
February 18, 2013

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

I emailed Wikkid he is OTC

2011 Fanatics season, proudly sponsored by GuitaristX!!

8:15 am
February 19, 2013

apernesky

SMELLYALATER

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 551

I tex Cuda He was up

Thanks for the math help

2:08 pm
February 19, 2013

DGB

Straight up G
Straight up G

posts 1708

Picked, on to Hammer at the last turn…

Hail, hail…

2:32 pm
February 19, 2013

DGB

Straight up G
Straight up G

posts 1708

Done, bitches!

Hail, hail…

2:33 pm
February 19, 2013

DGB

Straight up G
Straight up G

posts 1708

I'll go back and post my full roster in a little bit…

Hail, hail…

2:56 pm
February 19, 2013

ShanePHallam

posts 445

Graham is a steal in the 22nd.  Even if he goes in the 5th round, has a real shot to contribute

3:06 pm
February 19, 2013

DGB

Straight up G
Straight up G

posts 1708

Post edited 3:07 pm – February 19, 2013 by DGB

"Graham is a steal in the 22nd.  Even if he goes in the 5th round, has a real shot to contribute
"

Thanks. I have been thinking about him for probably 5 rounds now. He was on my list when I took C Michael and didn't think that I'd get the chance grab them both with still having other spots to fill (d, k, locker-insurance) so I'm about as happy as one can be with a 22nd rounder.

Hail, hail…

5:05 pm
February 19, 2013

apernesky

SMELLYALATER

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 551

I thought graham was going 2be my last pick…2 yrs back he looked like next spiller until his knee

Thanks for the math help

6:13 pm
February 19, 2013

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

i'm done too! love it. I am definitely open to doing 26 rounds next year and no FA moves…up to the league as a whole though.

Please if you can post your whole roster when youre done, dont forget to send Wally your $30. 

We can vote on payout structure when we're all on the league page next season.

6:14 pm
February 19, 2013

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

Buz make the grid if you don't mind and I will have my friend do an analysis just for fun reading times

8:48 pm
February 19, 2013

johnnyBuz

Philly

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 340

GBinSB4ever said:

Buz make the grid if you don't mind and I will have my friend do an analysis just for fun reading times

I'll make it sometime this weekend if that's not too slow for you! Haha jk bro 

4:16 am
February 20, 2013

apernesky

SMELLYALATER

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 551

will be at meetings most of the morning… shoot me a tex of who Cuda takes & i will send you my pick

Thanks for the math help

6:32 am
February 20, 2013

wikkidpissah

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 341

somebody text him that Cuda picked Marshawn Lynch and that we checked to find that he'd indeed fallen through 22 rds of cracks & never been drafted

9:38 am
February 20, 2013

GuitaristX

GuitaristX

Admin

posts 894

Weighing in on the format: If put to a vote I would say keep it the way it is. However, if the majority votes to change to a no-moves league, then I agree to extend it another 4 or 5 rounds. I also agree with CB that there would still have to be trading allowed.

What about making it a limited moves league? Maybe something like only 10 FA pickups per season? That could be a middle of the road option the suits both camps? Just an idea. 

9:42 am
February 20, 2013

ShanePHallam

posts 445

GuitaristX said:

Weighing in on the format: If put to a vote I would say keep it the way it is. However, if the majority votes to change to a no-moves league, then I agree to extend it another 4 or 5 rounds. I also agree with CB that there would still have to be trading allowed.

What about making it a limited moves league? Maybe something like only 10 FA pickups per season? That could be a middle of the road option the suits both camps? Just an idea. 

What about kickers and defenses though?  I know I am definitely one who likes to move around kickers and defenses, for bye weeks and what not.  Also, with bye weeks not being released when we draft, the none moves puts that at a disadvantage that the schedule makers could just screw you over

10:23 am
February 20, 2013

GuitaristX

GuitaristX

Admin

posts 894

Since we are at the end of the draft, I'd like to begin the illustrious Guitarsex "F*** you for sniping me" awards!

The sniping started early this year, and it will happen when stuck next to a guy like JohnnyBuz. 

Round 2 – Pick 11, Jimmy Graham – (Did this guy really last all the way till the end of Round 2??) Once he got past Wikkid I thought for SURE he would fall to me. I was so wrong. Cry 

Sniper: JohnnyBuz

Round 4 – Pick 11 Eric Decker, – Thought I'd be set having one of Peyton's top targets and pairing him up with crabcakes. But NO, of course not!Yell

Sniper: JohnnyBuz snipes again

Round 6 – Pick 1, Jason Witten – He went a full round earlier than I expected him to. I should learn to expect that in this draft, as I planned on picking him at the end of the round. Was hoping all you RB/WR crazy fools would stay focused on those positions, but alas, it was a pipe dream.Cry Sniper: Hammer

Round 6 – Pick 8, Greg Jennings – Ohh the uncertainty! He could end up in a fantasy wasteland like Cleveland or something! He made for a perfect flex receiver with upside, and of course, the old crow thought so too.Yell 

Sniper: Wikkid

Round 9 – Pick 3, 49ers Defense –  How DARE someone pick a defense, MY defense before me! I was hoping to start the top tier defensive run at the beginning of round 11. Damn it! Yell

Sniper: CB

Round 13 – Pick 5, Tony Gonzalez – Coming in to the draft I thought, "I will be THAT guy." You know, the one that cutely drafts a retired player hoping they return for one more season? I'll pick up Gonzo as a flyer in like the 16th or 17th round… apparently someone else had the same plans. Just heard a news report this morning that Gonzo was 50/50 on returning… as opposed to the "95% sure" he was right after his season ended. Damn you, Bird man! Yell

Sniper: Wikkid

Round 14 – Pick 5, Antonio Gates – This one especially burned because I was chatting with him about taking him. Wally KNEW that was my next pick. Just to let you all know, if GBin "Rosterbates" Wally, "Snipesterbates" – he takes personal, nay, I would venture to say sexual pleasure in sniping people. Especially if it's Gagabin. 

Sniper: ButtPirate Wallace

So the grand sniper award must be shared, as Wikkid and JohnnyBuz are tied with 2. However, everyone on this list earns one big giant "F*** YOU!" Cool

10:45 am
February 20, 2013

GuitaristX

GuitaristX

Admin

posts 894

I agree. You'd need to draft multiples of each which is why we'd need the extra rounds. Plus the no moves really hamstrings you, which is why I like it the way it is. These extra round lottery tickets are fun, and they help prepare me for all the other drafts I do, which is one of the reasons I like this league so much. Its fun when guys like Heath Miller or Vick Ballard outperform their ADP. And Wikkid, I will be honest: I had no clue who Vick Ballard was. I just googled "2012 rookie running backs" and all the others had been taken except him. When you said I sniped you I felt like a genius, but it was purely random chance. Wink

ShanePHallam said:

GuitaristX said:

What about kickers and defenses though?  I know I am definitely one who likes to move around kickers and defenses, for bye weeks and what not.  Also, with bye weeks not being released when we draft, the none moves puts that at a disadvantage that the schedule makers could just screw you over

12:45 pm
February 20, 2013

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

Did Shane take a rookie kicker? wow

No Tags

About the Phoenix Fantasy Sports Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 90

Currently Online:
2 Guests

Currently Browsing this Topic:
1 Guest

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3
Forums: 7
Topics: 378

Membership:

There are 92115 Members
There have been 2 Guests

There is 1 Admin
There are 3 Moderators

Top Posters:

drmemory – 2908
DGB – 1708
apernesky – 551
bpwallace49 – 518
CB – 517
wikkidpissah – 341

Recent New Members: zlavin, Encore_Fantasy_Games, raider_pirate, JasminNorthern, fayemcook2015, jskowronek

Administrators: GuitaristX (894 Posts)

Moderators: GBinSB4ever (709 Posts), ShanePHallam (445 Posts), BigHardcore (1 Post)