2014 FANATICS DRAFT, DISCUSSION ONLY!! | Fanatics Draft | Forum

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Register? | Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

2014 FANATICS DRAFT, DISCUSSION ONLY!!

No Tags
UserPost

11:09 am
February 7, 2014

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

GuitaristX said:

ShanePHallam said:

Too many Balls. 

That's a problem Jeff LOVES to have. Cool

I can't believe talent wise you'd compare Mathews to Moreno, that is funny.

2011 Fanatics season, proudly sponsored by GuitaristX!!

11:55 am
February 7, 2014

johnnyBuz

Philly

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 340

Let's not forget Moreno was almost cut last pre-season. Missed 17 games in 2011 and 2012. If he goes anywhere other than Denver he will be, in the words of Richard Sherman, mediocre at best. And if he stays in Denver he will have nowhere near the season he had this year. 

Flash in the pan. Blip on the radar. Whatever you wanna call it. 

4:05 pm
February 7, 2014

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

johnnyBuz said:

Let's not forget Moreno was almost cut last pre-season. Missed 17 games in 2011 and 2012. If he goes anywhere other than Denver he will be, in the words of Richard Sherman, mediocre at best. And if he stays in Denver he will have nowhere near the season he had this year. 

Flash in the pan. Blip on the radar. Whatever you wanna call it. 

what he said.

4:07 pm
February 7, 2014

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

i txtd wally fyi

6:35 pm
February 7, 2014

GuitaristX

GuitaristX

Admin

posts 894

Post edited 8:26 pm – February 7, 2014 by GuitaristX

GBinSB4ever said:

I can't believe talent wise you'd compare Mathews to Moreno, that is funny.

Well Jeff, I go by stats and production I see on the field. I mean I know you have an awesome track record for selecting talent, like when you thought Chris Polk and McFadden were gonna be good in 2012, or your SUPER DUPER SICK VALUE pick of Mikel Leshoure in the 3rd round last year. 

This is how I see Moreno and Mathews:

Both started 16 games.

Carries: 

Moreno: 241 Mathews: 285

YFS: 

Moreno: 1586 Mathews: 1444

Total TDs

Moreno: 13 Mathews: 7

YPC:

Moreno: 4.3 Mathews: 4.4

That looks like the same guy to me. We'll see where he lands. If he stays in Denver I smell a side bet… 

6:50 pm
February 7, 2014

johnnyBuz

Philly

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 340

Shots fired! 

Sorry for delay thought long and hard about this one. 

7:59 pm
February 7, 2014

GuitaristX

GuitaristX

Admin

posts 894

Nice picks, Buz. 

Wally is bartending an event and he is unavailable. I texted him the recent picks and he said he'd get back to me maybe at 11pm PST /2AM EST. So I'm guessing we're shut down for the night. I'll email Hammer if wally picks. 

8:08 pm
February 7, 2014

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

I did finish 2nd in this league last year WITHOUT my 3rd rd pick….

We've all had our share of huge whiffs in this draft, it's part of the point.

On field talent…Moreno and Mathews? If you think they're the same guy, you're crazy…

Buzzy knows what's up….dude was straight up almost CUT last year…

8:18 pm
February 7, 2014

GuitaristX

GuitaristX

Admin

posts 894

GBinSB4ever said:

I did finish 2nd in this league last year WITHOUT my 3rd rd pick….

We've all had our share of huge whiffs in this draft, it's part of the point.

On field talent…Moreno and Mathews? If you think they're the same guy, you're crazy…

Buzzy knows what's up….dude was straight up almost CUT last year…

And Mathews was an injury away from being cut, or at the very least released at the end of the season. They both played out of their minds and finally fulfilled their potential. Would I pick Mathews over Moreno? Sure. Especially right now, because we don't know where he'll end up. But if he is back in Denver, I'll pick Moreno every single time, just because of the offense he plays in and who is QB is. That's a no brainer. If he does re-sign with Denver I'll do a sidebet with you. He had a full on 50+ more points than Mathews this year in standard formats, and more in PPR leagues. He may be a product of the system, but you could argue the same thing with Mathews. So as Peyton Manning says… take your "talent" and stick it where the sun don't shine. Condescending Prick. 

8:23 pm
February 7, 2014

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

we can make a sidebet sure…last time we made one I trounced you so badly my qb MISSED TWO GAMES and i STILL won.

8:27 pm
February 7, 2014

GuitaristX

GuitaristX

Admin

posts 894

GBinSB4ever said:

we can make a sidebet sure…last time we made one I trounced you so badly my qb MISSED TWO GAMES and i STILL won.

Trounced? That bet was null and void, as per the terms set forth. So, technically nobody won or lost. The bet never happened. Cool

6:31 am
February 8, 2014

Boneys2000

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 266

Guys,I'm doing the work thing today. If it reaches me I will be home around 9pmest.I should be home ALL day tommorrow.

6:46 am
February 8, 2014

apernesky

SMELLYALATER

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

posts 551

Guess i waited to long on Foles… He is top 5 qb this year taken 11th… nice pick shane… i thought there were 15 qbs that could light up the league this year… we shall see… im off to the lego movie at 1p… i will send a list before i go

Thanks for the math help

9:17 am
February 8, 2014

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

Totally floored colston fell so far, he had a big 2nd half….he was def mine if he was still there.

11:19 am
February 8, 2014

DGB

Straight up G
Straight up G

posts 1708

I had my eye on Colston too. Took Wallace in hopes more work w/ Tannehill and a hopefully improved (can't get worse, right) O-line turn into an uptick in numbers.

Hail, hail…

11:56 am
February 8, 2014

GBinSB4ever

posts 709

Post edited 12:37 pm – February 8, 2014 by GuitaristX

Love getting randle here almost took him last pick actually. Top20 WR I think top 12-15 truly possible xxxxxx

(Edit: Jeff, you dummy. What have I said about spotlighting??? You're about to get put on timeout! ~GuitaristX)

1:44 pm
February 8, 2014

GuitaristX

GuitaristX

Admin

posts 894

Well whenever bandwagon picks, we'll be on hold until at least 9PM EST. Texted with Boneys, a lot of the guys he wanted were picked, so we'll have to wait until he gets home for him to pick. Enjoy your day. 

5:36 pm
February 8, 2014

Boneys2000

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 266

Sorry for the delay guys. I had my sight set on a couple that were picked right ahead of me. Im right here for my next one though!

5:51 pm
February 8, 2014

GuitaristX

GuitaristX

Admin

posts 894

I was wondering when Blount was going to fall. It will be interesting to see what team picks him up. I was trying to decide between him and one of the Rookie RBs and having a tough time picking between the two and Boneys made my job easy. Love Carey's upside, hopefully one of the late pick teams with a better O-line picks him up. 

7:00 pm
February 8, 2014

Boneys2000

NFL Veteran
NFL Veteran

posts 266

Post edited 7:16 pm – February 8, 2014 by Boneys2000

Where is everyone????

No Tags

About the Phoenix Fantasy Sports Forum

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles

Most Users Ever Online: 90

Currently Online:
6 Guests

Currently Browsing this Topic:
1 Guest

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3
Forums: 7
Topics: 378

Membership:

There are 91896 Members
There have been 2 Guests

There is 1 Admin
There are 3 Moderators

Top Posters:

drmemory – 2908
DGB – 1708
apernesky – 551
bpwallace49 – 518
CB – 517
wikkidpissah – 341

Recent New Members: zlavin, Encore_Fantasy_Games, raider_pirate, JasminNorthern, fayemcook2015, jskowronek

Administrators: GuitaristX (894 Posts)

Moderators: GBinSB4ever (709 Posts), ShanePHallam (445 Posts), BigHardcore (1 Post)